Saturday, December 12, 2009

The cart before the horse

I've got a little problem with over planning. Or I'm overly ambitious. Or I am bipolar and have delusions of grandeur. All of this to say that when I get an idea I start with a small goal and by the end of the day I will have not only completed this goal, but I project that I will be the best to ever do it (in my mind, of course). I will outshine, outmaneuver and outsmart all the competition. I won't just bake a cake, I will bake the worlds most amazing cake, serve it to the president and other dignitaries, they will proclaim it the best cake ever. I then publish a cookbook chronicling my whole journey in cake making and end up number one on the New York Times Bestsellers List. Eventually I retire and spend my time with other famed literary and culinary greats. Yeah. I need to take a chill pill.

This blog is for friends and family and whoever would like to read it. I don't need to be like pioneer woman or bakarella or anyone other than myself. I don't need to learn the best way to make a career at blogging, or how to single handedly replace the magazine publishing business via my blog.

So, keeping it simple is my new philosophy. I will write about whatever is on my mind and I will not try to take over the world.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment